We are excited to announce that one of the most requested Mindomo functionality has arrived: Real-Time Collaboration.
Today we finally released the new Public Beta version of Mindomo and we encourage you, your friends and collaborators to try it, test it and tell us what you think. In order to participate in the beta, after you are logged in, you have to manually switch to the beta version. You can do it from the Mindomo Dashboard page, see the screenshot below:
Important notes about the beta version:
– Requires Flash Player 10 (we recommend Flash Player 10.1)
– Maps created with the beta version can’t be opened with the old versions
– Old maps need to be converted, which you can do when you open a map the first time. Beware: once a map is converted, it can’t be opened with the old versions anymore
– Old maps can still be opened without conversion, but only in read-only mode, in the new beta version
So what are the new features ?
– Simultaneous collaboration with as many users as you like
– Versioning of maps (every change is recorded and you can undo/redo changes), visualization of changes will be available at the end of the beta period.
– Topic titles will auto-wrap at a certain width, you can change the default width for the whole map from the map properties, or you can individually resize topics.
– You can detach and re-attach floating topics to the main tree.
Many other bugs and issues were solved in this release, we will provide more details about them in the upcoming weeks.
Have fun and we are looking forward to your feedback!
The Mindomo Team